GOD BLESS THIS PERSON’S SOUL. IT’S TRANSPARENT.
IT LOOKS LIKE IT’S CLIMBING DOWN MY BLOG. CRYCRYCRY.
If you don't know who I am, I'll fill you in: I'm not too good at talking myself up, so I'll leave it at this; you'll figure out who I am eventually.
Everyone who reblogs this
EVERY SINGLE ONE
Will get a shitty 1 sentence fanfic in their inbox determined by your recent reblogs
So if you reblogged Kevin Tran and a dalek recently
YOU GET KEVIN/DALEK ROMCOM FANFIC
If you just posted some Sherlock and Hannibal
THEY HAVE A DANCE OFF MOTHAFUCKAS
Shitty fanfics, at your door, no questions asked.
It’s a shit thing, but again you gotta do what you gotta do and i respect that. Sly was always the “hype man” since he got in the door, and that alone helped with the first period of time when he came out cause at that time we were kinda dragging our feet.
I’ll also always remember that it was a conversation with him that lead me to move out at the start as well as i originally didn’t want to. It’ll be a weird transition, i know the past few weeks have been but i do hope we can make due and pull through everything. Been a lot of sacrifices put in so it would be a shame for all of it to go to waste now.
Even when times are tough, we support you. We’re all going to miss Sly, but in the end, everyone is happy.
Google is your friend. Get intimate with it. There are a lot of databases/lists of internships floating around, but you usually have to dig a bit to find them.
Here’s an incomplete list of ones I’ve personally taken note of. Most are in the US or the UK, and they’re mostly available to international students. There are MANY more programs open to US and EU citizens; you guys have a lot more options.
LISTS of STEM internships/programs in all fields:
- Berkeley (geared towards Medical/Health Sciences but with lots of general links too)
- DAAD RISE (in Germany)
- Database at Pathways to Science (HEAPS of stuff to search through)
- National Science Foundation’s list of REUs (Research Experience for Undergraduates)
- Nature (science writing AND general STEM)
- New Scientist
- Smithsonian (SO MANY)
Specific STEM fields:
Astronomy and Physics
- ASTRON/JIVE Summer Student Programme 2013
- Center for Research and Exploration in Space Science and Technology (CRESST)
- Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) Summer Intern in Planetary Science
- Space Telescope Science Institute: Research Space Astronomy Summer Program
- University of Colorado, Boulder - 2014 REU Program in Solar and Space Physics
- University of Arkansas: Summer Research Internships for Undergraduates with the Arkansas Center for Space and Planetary Sciences
- LIST at APS Physics
- LIST at AstroBetter
- LIST at University of Iowa
- REALLY LONG LIST at Carleton University
- Alaska Sealife Center
- Natural History Research Experiences
- SERC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IN ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- LIST at UC Davis
- LIST at U Iillinois
- ARCHIVES at Ecolog
- AAO Student Fellowship Program
- Australian Gemini Undergraduate Summer Studentships
- CASS Undergraduate Vacation Scholarship Program 2013
- CSIRO vacation scholarships
- International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
- Macquarie University - Summer Vacation Research Scholarships
- University of New South Wales
- UNSW Exoplanetary Science Vacation Scholarships
- UQ Summer Research Scholarship Program
- Vacation Scholarships in Astronomy at CAS
LISTS of Science Writing Internships:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (including an internship for minorities)
- Nature (science writing AND general STEM)
- Washington & Jefferson College
Specific Science Writing Internships
- AAAS Mass Media Science & Engineering Fellowship
- Australian Geographic
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- European Southern Observatory
- New Scientist (2013 link, but keep an eye on it for 2014 openings)
- Wellcome Trust
- Wired Magazine
Basically, do your research, because this is a hugely incomplete list, but hopefully this gets you started.
Spread this around! My extensive Googling skills have to be good for something.
This is a great list of resources and we wanted to add the list of research opportunities available across the University of California system (although there are a few listed above.)
*Research opportunities cover both STEM fields as well as the social sciences and humanities:
- UC Berkeley undergraduate research
- UC Davis undergraduate research & summer research
- UC Irvine undergraduate research
- UCLA summer research programs
- UC Merced grad-prep programs
- UC Riverside undergraduate research & mentoring summer research program
- UCSD undergraduate research & summer research
- UCSF summer research program
- UCSB undergraduate research
- UC Santa Cruz undergraduate research
Another way to go about it would be to identify research topics that interest you and then find faculty members at a university who are conducting research in those areas. After familiarizing yourself a bit with their work, send them an email or schedule a meeting to learn more about what they do. They may be able to offer you more specific guidance in your field of interest or have research projects that you could potentially work on.
Or there may be more informal ways to gain research experience. You may be able to work under the guidance of a faculty member, even if the professor is not an official research program mentor. Some professors may be willing to supervise an independent research project.
during their RTX panel a couple of hours ago, they also teased a possible induction for Kevin but no real confirmation there
I’m pretty sure Kevin has publicly announced on his twitter that he did not want to be a part of The Creatures because he wanted to do his own thing or something. I think this will be more like with Aleks and just have him on the panel, and not induct him as a creature.